Who We Are
SubscribeGet the latest on CREATE news, information and events
CREATE Foundation is the national consumer body representing the voices of children and young people with an out-of-home care experience.
Vision (what we hope for)
All children and young people with a care experience reach their full potential.
Mission (what we do)
Creating a better life for children and young people in care. To do this we;
- Connect children and young people to each other, CREATE and their Community to
- Empower children and young people to build self-confidence, self-esteem, and skills that enable them to have a voice and be heard to
- Change the care system, in consultation with children and young people, through advocacy to improve policies, practices and services, and increase community awareness
Core Principles (what we value)
- Children and young people are the centre of the work we do
- Our practice is inclusive and respectful of culture and diversity
- Our advocacy is independent, non-partisan, evidence based and driven by the voices of children and young people
- We believe that meaningful participation is essential for engaging children and young people
- Partnerships with government, NGOs and individuals are pivotal to success
- We are enthused by creativity and fun
- We invest in our people
- We provide a safe and inclusive environment for children and young people where they are safe, respected and have opportunities to have a say free of judgment and prejudice.