SubscribeGet the latest on CREATE news, information and events
CREATE research articles are aimed at informing the broader public, as well as service providers, about the issues affecting children and young people in care.
Although children and young people in care may generally have ongoing concerns about the same or similar issues over time; exactly how those issues impact each individual child or young person and what they think should be done to address them may differ. CREATE research articles capture and compile the range of impacts and views to better inform care providers and others about the services they deliver. Articles have included transition from care and supporting children and young people with a disability living in out-of-home care.
To download copies of our research articles please click on the links below:
- McDowall, J. J. (2016). Connection to culture by Indigenous children and young people in out-of-home care in Australia. Communities, Children and Families Australia, 10(1), 5–26.
- McDowall, J. J. (2016). CREATE’s advocacy for young people transitioning from care in Australia. In P. Mendes & P. Snow (Eds.), Young people transitioning from out-of-home care: International research, policy and practice. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- McDowall, J. J. (2016). Are we listening? The need to facilitate participation in decision-making by children and young people in out-of-home care. Developing Practice, 44 (April), 77–93.
- Reed, J. S. (2016). To improve the life outcomes for young people transitioning from statutory care to independence: An international perspective. Developing Practice, 44 (April), 37–47.
- White, J., & Hudson, N. (2016). How do we identify and address barriers faced by young people leaving care?: Ask them. Parity, 29(1, February), 9–10.
- McDowall, J. J. (2013). Participation of children and young people in decision-making in out-of-home care in Australia. Developing Practice, 36 (Spring), 41–51.
- Browne, K., & Hall, A. (2012). Experiences of homelessness for young care leavers. Parity, 25(9), 82–83.
- Hall, A. (2012). It’s not a transition plan if the young person wasn’t involved. Developing Practice, 33 (Spring), 4–9.
- McDowall, J. J. (2012). Factors influencing transition-from-care planning in Australia. Developing Practice, 33 (Spring), 69–80.
- McDowall, J. J. (2010). Experiences of homelessness by care leavers in Australia. Parity, 23(5), 12–13.