What You Say Matters - It's okay to complain!

If you are worried about your safety right now, you should call the police on 000.

It’s OK to tell someone.

If you are in care and need help or support after hours (after 5pm or before 9am or on the weekend), you can call the below number for your state

Add a subheading

All children or young people living in out of home care have rights.

You have the right to:

  • Be and feel safe
  • Say how you feel and be heard
  • Tell someone if you are unhappy

Sometimes talking to your family, carer, residential worker or case manager is the best thing to do first. You can also talk to your case worker’s supervisor if you would prefer. 

Your Rights in Care

Learn more about your rights


To see the contact/s for complaints in your state, find your state in the list below:

Here are some other useful resources that may be able to help you:


Call 13 11 14. Lifeline also offers text and online chat.

Suicide call-back service

Call 1300 659 467. Free counselling for those affected by suicide