Who We Are
SubscribeGet the latest on CREATE news, information and events
CREATE Foundation is the national peak consumer body representing the voices of children and young people with an out-of-home care experience.
Vision (what we hope for)
All children and young people with a care experience reach their full potential.
Mission (what we do)
Creating a better life for children and young people in care. To do this we;
- Connect children and young people to each other, CREATE and their Community to
- Empower children and young people to build self-confidence, self-esteem, and skills that enable them to have a voice and be heard to
- Change the care system, in consultation with children and young people, through advocacy to improve policies, practices and services, and increase community awareness
Core Principles (what we value)
- Children and young people are the centre of the work we do
- Our practise is inclusive and respectful of culture
- Our advocacy is independent, non-partisan and evidence based
- We believe that meaningful participation is essential for engaging children and young people
- Partnerships with government, NGO’s and individuals are pivotal to success
- We are enthused by innovation, creativity and fun
To view the 2015 – 2017 CREATE Strategic Plan, click the cover below.