GYOW Young Persons report
The young person’s version of “CREATE’s Go Your Own Way resource for young people transitioning from care in Australia: An evaluation,” is available now. The Young Person’s Report has been especially prepared to provide all the information, in an easy to read format with cool graphics. It is always a popular read!
- 52% of young people contacted by CREATE said that they had received a Kit. This low number resulted from ineffective distribution processes.
- Many young people who received a Kit said that they found it useful for their Transition to Independence.
- Overall, 42% of young people knew about their leaving-care plan.
- However, significantly more young people who received a GYOWKit had a plan compared with those who did not have access to a Kit.
- Results indicate that about half of young people leaving care do not know how to adequately deal with financial issues, accommodation and face deep uncertainty about what the future would hold for them.
However, those who had a plan felt more confident about the future than did those without a plan.
There is heaps more important information in it as well.
Anyone born in 1997 who did the survey and would like a copy, can call 1800 655 105 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a copy.
You can also download a copy here.